Family Law Modification Attorney
Family Law Modification Lawyer, Mercedes León provides experienced Post Judgment Family Law Modification and Family Law legal legal services in Kissimmee, St Cloud, Orlando, Lakeland, Bartow, and Orange, Osceola, and Polk County Florida.
Call 407.483.1182 about your Family Law Court Order Modification and Family Law legal needs.
After a dissolution of marriage (divorce) occurs, the circumstances of either party may change. When this occurs, it may be necessary to seek a modification of a marital agreement or standing court order relating to family law issues. In most cases, a request for a post-judgment family law modification will be met with resistance from the other party. In order to provide the best opportunity to obtain a successful change to an existing court order, a person should seek the legal advice and representation of experienced legal counsel.
In order to modify a court's standing family law court order, a person must demonstrate that a substantial change in circumstances has occurred and that the change is not deemed to be temporary.
Circumstances that may justify a family law post-judgment modification include:
- A change of employment status;
- A 15% or greater change in income of either party;
- The relocation of either parent to another city;
- The minor child is not doing well under the current time-sharing plan;
- Or other relevant circumstances that may affect a standing court order.
The León Law Center, P.A., represents the legal rights and goals of those involved in post-judgment modification or other family law issues in Kissimmee, Orlando, Lakeland, Osceola County, Orange County, Polk County, and the entire Central Florida area. For a confidential legal consultation, please call 407.483.1182.
Post-judgment marital and family law modification requests may include, but are not limited to:
- Child Support Modifications: A parent may make a request to change the existing court-ordered amount of child support owed when a substantial change in the financial circumstances of either parent occurs. Generally, a 15% or greater increase or decrease in income of either parent will be considered a substantial change of circumstances. However, any modification must still be in the best interest of the child or children;
- Child Custody/ Visitation / Parenting Plan Modifications: A parent may make a request to change the existing time sharing plan (i.e., the custody and visitation order) if a substantial change in circumstances occurs that warrants a modification of the time-sharing plan. Again, the modification must be in the best interest of the child or children;
- Alimony (spousal support) Modifications: A spouse may make a request to change the existing court-ordered amount of spousal support/alimony owed if they can demonstrate a substantial change in the circumstances surrounding the spousal support/alimony.
When involved in post-judgment modification and family law issues in Kissimmee, Orlando, Lakeland, Osceola County, Orange County, Polk County, or the surrounding Central Florida area, hiring an experienced family law modification attorney or lawyer may provide the best opportunity to achieve a fair and reasonable resolution to family law issues or disputes.
Anyone requiring professional legal services regarding Post Judgment Modification or other family law issues should be proactive in protecting their legal rights and seek the legal advice of an experienced Orlando - Kissimmee Post Judgment Modification lawyer, such as Attorney, Mercedes León.
Call 407.483.1182 to Schedule a Confidential Legal Consultation with Kissimmee - Orlando Lawyer, Mercedes León at The León Law Center, P.A about your Family Law Court Order Modification or other Family Law issues.